Lands End to John O'Groats
Sponsored Hike 2023
This ambitious fundraising event is well underway. Our aim is for TASTE supporters to walk the whole 1300 mile length of the UK mainland from Land’s End to John O’Groats (LE JOG). The route has been divided up into 13 stages of 90-100 miles each. 1300 miles is also the approximate distance typically walked each year by villagers in rural Nigeria without a bore-hole to collect water.
Since July our supporters have been walking the various stages listed below. Stages 1-4, 6-8, 10 and 11 have been completed and stage 5 has been started. Stages 9 and 12 have not yet been allocated. We aim to raise £13,000 (£10/mile) to provide a community with clean running water and sanitation. As of early October, we have received £10,000 in donations and are well on the way to our target.
We are very grateful to various friends and family members who have committed to taking on this mammoth task.
Why not rally your friends, family, neighbours or colleagues and get them to help you take on one of the two unallocated stages. Get in contact with Ben or you can sponsor our intrepid hikers/runners and bikers by visiting our Justgiving Fundraising page via the button at the bottom of the page.
- Sennen to Tintagel – completed by Mike H and Judy H.
- Tinatgel to Berrynarbor – completed by Debs W and Ben U and Sue U
- Berrynarbor to West End, Clevedon – completed by Rob C and Andy B.
- West End, Clevedon to Newchurch – completed by Peter A.
- Newchurch to Park Village, Wolverhampton. in progress by Pelsall LEJOG.
- Park Village, Wolverhampton to Bamford – completed by Jonny W and Sarah W.
- Bamford to Horton in Ribblesdale – completed by Sarah B and Sue U.
- Horton in Ribblesdale to Lambley – completed by by Roy C, Joshua C, Nathanial C, Sue U and Jess U, Ben U and Dan W.
- Lambley to Kittlergairy Estate, Peebles – unallocated.
- Kittlergairy Estate, Peebles to Target – completed by James U and Jonny S.
- Target to Fort Augustus – completed by Walter S and Dave T.
- Fort Augustus to Skelbo – unallocated.
- Skelbo to John O Groats – start pending by Ben U and Sue U.
TASTE LE JOG 2023 Photo Board